- Quick and easy access to some incredible GT fishing and surface lure casting
- Key reefs include Ribbons 1-10 and Rachel Carson Reef
- The best in FNQ fishing charters
- Cast, jig or troll for an incredible variety of species
- Our 70ft Mothership, Blue Martini provides comfortable twin-share accommodation
- Fishing conducted from guided 20ft centre consoles
- 6 guests are hosted by a skipper, host, chef and private fishing guides
- Optional extra to extend to 8 guests with the addition of our 40ft game boat Black Magic
- Top of the line Shimano rods, reels and terminal tackle included
- All food and non-alcoholic beverages included
- 4 night trips
You can book a Lagoon Explorer trip as either an individual angler, or you can organise your own group and talk to us about customised pricing options for whole boat bookings.
The Lagoon Explorer trip gives you an amazing opportunity to visit a broad range of reef locations.
The areas available to fish from our departure point of Lizard Island cover more than 4000sq nautical miles of ocean and reef. That means each location within this zone gets minimal fishing pressure. We only visit each reef for a short period each year, keeping the fishing in an excellent condition at each location.
Lagoon Explorer trips fish areas such as Escape Reef and the Ribbons Reefs. We decide on the ideal location for each trip based on weather and fishing in the lead up to each trip, and we ensure that you will be fishing the best possible location on each trip. We know where the fish are, and we know when to fish each area, and we will use our ability to move around in the mothership to ensure you have a fantastic trip.
Species to include Coral Trout, Spanish Mackerel, GTs, Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Nannygai and many more.
Our Lagoon Explorer trips depart from Lizard Island in Far North Queensland. We arrange a private charter flight to transfer guests from Cairns to Lizard Island. Our private charter flight typically departs at around 10am from the East Air terminal at Cairns Airport. The cost of this charter flight is covered by your transfer fee. The trip returns back into Port Douglas.
When you make your booking we will send you a full trip itinerary detailing your trip departure and arrival locations, timings and relevant transfer fees.
Depart Cairns and fly to Lizard Island where you will meet our crew and be welcomed aboard the mothership Blue Martini. Meals and accommodation provided onboard our 70ft mothership. Half day fishing in the afternoon.
DAY 2 to DAY 4
Fish from 7:30am til 4:30pm, meals and accommodation provided onboard our 70ft mothership.
Disembark the mothership at the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina in Port Douglas at approximately 10am. Any on going travel arrangements from this point will need to be arranged at your own discretion.
Please download our Lagoon Explorer brochure here.