- Excellent GT fishing, flyfishing, light tackle spinning and estuary lurecasting
- Huge variety of light tackle lurecasting opportunities around headlands, rivers and reefs
- Big spanish mackerel on the troll or casting
- Great reef fishing for Coral Trout, Emperor, Jewfish, Fingermark and other reef fish
- Great variety of scenery and locations – this is the ultimate Northern Cape york “do it all” trip
- One of the most remote fishing charters on offer
- Excellent anchorages and secluded islands and beaches to explore
This area and the surrounding offshore islands, beaches and reefs, is one of the most remote, spectacular and diverse fishing environments that we visit.
It provides a huge range of different environments from which to catch lots of different species, from the rocky headlands of the bays, to the beautiful reef fringed offshore islands and sand flats and the untouched northern river systems, and the crystal clear water lapping onto the white sand of the islands.
Margaret Bay and Forbes Island are such sheltered anchorages that they are an all year round fishery, and we have included this area in the range of reefs, islands and bays visited on our Ultimate Adventure trips throughout the year specifically to provide anglers with a truly remarkable fishing experience in windy weather.
The diversity of this area is truly stunning. Margaret Bay offers a beautiful anchorage behind a secluded headland in all weather, and provides access to a huge estuary system where Barramundi and Mangrove Jack live side by side with permit cruising across the flats.
Venture a little further offshore to Forbes islands and you have fishing around the fringing mangroves for Queenfish, Golden Trevally, Permit and Blue Bastards. The island headlands and edges abound with Giant Trevally and Spanish Mackerel. The Longtail Tuna and Queenfish bustups in this area are usually of epic proportions, and if you enjoy casting to frothing fish on the surface, then this trip is for you.
Venture a little further offshore to the inner and outer reefs and a myriad of reef fish, GTs, Mackerel await. The outer edges offer great fishing for Dogtooth Tuna, Wahoo and Yellowfin.
This trip has the widest range of diversity of any trip we offer, with beautiful anchorages and BBQs on the beach to sight casting a GT on the flats, chances to wrestle a big Dogtooth Tuna on the outer reef, or cast at Barramundi amongst the snags.